This hands-on lab will guide you through creating and extending desktop applications with JavaFX.
The workshop can prove to be useful to those who are curious about how they can use JavaFX and how it can be integrated with other tools and technologies. Even if the workshop will cover just the basics, everyone interested is welcome.
By attending this workshop you can find out the following:
- How to manipulate graphic elements in JavaFX
- How to use NetBeans IDE and the Gluon plugin in order to create JavaFX projects
- How to use Scene Builder to design JavaFX interfaces
For this workshop, you will need:
- A laptop and its charger
- The following software tools: JDK 8, NetBeans IDE, Gluon Plugin for NetBeans, JavaFX Scene Builder
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
Saturday, January 30, 2015
11:00 AM - 13:00 PM
Str. Academiei Nr. 39-41, Etaj 2, Sector 1, Bucharest
Mihael Buzdugan will be your guide throughout the entire duration of the lab.
Having over 8 years of experience with programming languages such as C, C++, PHP și Java, Mihael has always had an affinity for hard sciences, especially Mathematics. During his Physics PhD, Mihael has gained the math abilities that he later applied in programming. He enjoys programming because of its volatility and its fast-paced contribution to making the world a better place. The next step was to pass on the knowledge, so for the past 6 years he has been teaching programming to students of all ages.